Activities and events
Sights and activities in Alvdal
- Fishing in the Glåma river and other nearby lakes
- Rønningen-Storfjellet cultural heritage trail (we have available maps at the reception)
- Gravel roads and trails well suited for cycling.
- Hikes in nearby forests and mountains on marked trails.
- Jutulhogget nature reserve (information brochure available at the reception)
- Tronfjell (1666 meters above sea level) with a road accessible by car to the top.
- Huset Aukrust is a museum and activity center for the whole family.
- Husantunet Rural Museum
- Visit the town of Lille-Elvdalen (the commercial center of Alvdal).
- You can find the event calendar for cultural activities in Alvdal on www.alvdalkultur.no.
- There are many exciting hiking suggestions available on the Alvdal Turforening website.
- In winter, there are approximately 100 km of groomed cross-country ski trails in Alvdal.
- Read more at opplevalvdal.no
Ideas for activities and day trips in our neighboring municipalities.
- Touring around Savalen in beautiful nature
- Tynset Cultural Centre with exhibitions, theatre, and cinema, among other things.
- Kvikne kirke, Vollan gård and Bjørgan, the birthplace of Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson
- The Bull museum
- The mining town and its many cultural heritage sites.
- Visit the webpage of Visit Røros and Østerdalen for more information.